[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] DIG facilitator

Joe Knueven joe at gtownlibrary.net
Mon Jun 5 15:26:48 EDT 2017

Good day DIG members,

I am writing to volunteer as a potential DIG facilitator.  There are a couple of different reasons why I am interested.

First, I recently completed my responsibilities as chair of the 2017 conference local arrangements committee, and would like to stay active in the broad Evergreen community.  Second, between my work with that committee as well as other collaborative projects I have worked on more locally, I have some experience in the fine art of cat herding, that such a role no doubt requires.  Finally, I personally believe that good documentation is a critical part of the long term success of a project like Evergreen, and I believe that that cause will be advanced more effectively with someone in the community facilitating the interest group.
I will admit, that I make this offer coming from a place of having only limited experience writing documentation, reformatting documentation or committing in git, but these are skills that I am interested in acquiring anyway, so it would dovetail nicely with that goal.

With this in mind, how would you all like to proceed?

My thought is that it would be worthwhile for the DIG to hold a meeting this month, discuss the situation and decide if I can provide a useful contribution for DIG in this manner.

Thank you and have a good day.

Joe

Joseph Knueven, Director
Germantown Public Library