[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Webby Icons

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Mon Jun 19 14:34:18 EDT 2017

Hi Elizabeth,

Glad to hear that you are interested.  Do you have a particular area
of the documentation that you'd particularly like to focus on (e.g.
acquisitions, reports, cataloging in the Web client)?  If so, you'd
get started by:

1) Attending DIG meetings in IRC.  If you're not familiar with IRC
yet, let me know, and I'd be happy to show you the basics.
2) Reviewing the various methods of contributing documentation, and
choose the one that suits you the best [1].
3) Writing or revising the documentation in your focus area.  When you
get stuck, reach out to IRC or this mailing list for help.  If you
want to test something, but don't want to risk damaging local data,
you can use a community demo server [2].
4) Sending your documentation to this email list, and we'll work on
getting it incorporated into the official documentation.

If you don't have a particular area in mind, the steps are pretty similar:
1) Attending DIG meetings in IRC.  If you're not familiar with IRC
yet, let me know, and I'd be happy to show you the basics.
2) Selecting a documentation need from the 2.12 documentation needs
list [3] or the Web client documentation needs list [4]
3) Reviewing the various methods of contributing documentation, and
choose the one that suits you the best [1].
4) Writing or revising the documentation in your focus area.  When you
get stuck, reach out to IRC or this mailing list for help.  If you
want to test something, but don't want to risk damaging local data,
you can use a community demo server [2].
5) Sending your documentation to this email list, and we'll work on
getting it incorporated into the official documentation.

Hope this helps!

   -Jane

[1] https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:how-to-contribute-documentation
[2] https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=community_servers