[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Send me DIG accomplishments for 2018

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Tue Dec 11 12:30:52 EST 2018

Thanks for putting this together, Katie!

I count 180 commits with "Docs" or "docs" in the commit message this year.

I thought that Remington's work with spellchecking and aspell was
pretty cool (https://georgialibraries.markmail.org/thread/di277lydhj65xss2)!
On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 9:04 AM Katie Greenleaf Martin
<bcl at blaircountylibraries.org> wrote:

> Thanks Remington! Do you have any examples of people who started out in DIG and moved on to bigger roles with code or maybe the EOB? If you have any names, I could reach out to them and get more details on their stories :)
> Katie
>
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 11:00 AM Remington Steed <rjs7 at calvin.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Katie.  Here are a few ideas for topics to flesh out, but I don't think I'll have time to do the fleshing, so take them or leave them as you will:
>>

>> - DIG is a gateway/stepping stone to other Evergreen contributions
>>     - "These people started in DIG and grew into code contributors..." (recent or historical)
>>
>> - DIG is working to make it easier to improve the docs (mostly via github, and an EASY section on the wiki todo page)
>>
>> Remington

Jane Sandberg
Electronic Resources Librarian
Linn-Benton Community College