[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Reporter documentation suggestion

Murphy, Benjamin Benjamin.Murphy at ncdcr.gov
Wed Dec 11 15:16:52 EST 2019

On this page:
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/3.2/reporter_creating_templates.html

Is the unhelpful phrase:
The Enable source nullability checkbox below the sources list is for advanced reporting and should be left unchecked by default.

I would suggest something along the lines of this following that statement. (Taken from a response posted on IRC)

"Child nullable" forces a left join, meaning that you bring back rows from the table on the "left" side of the join (the "parent")
"Parent nullable" is a right join where you bring back rows on the "right" side of the join even if there's nothing on the left
"Default" means "do whatever you would have done if I hadn't clicked on "Nullability"", which may be inner, left, or right, depending on how the sources are defined in the fieldmapper file"

Benjamin Murphy
NC Cardinal Program Manager
NC Dept. of Natural and Cultural Resources
919.814.6797 |  benjamin.murphy at ncdcr.gov<mailto:benjamin.murphy at ncdcr.gov>
https://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/ld/nc-cardinal

109 East Jones Street  | 4640 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-4600

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.