[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Playing around with staff client

Josh Stompro stomproj at larl.org
Fri May 19 12:42:45 EDT 2006

   I was doing some playing around with the staff client today and I
have some questions.  I'm trying to understand the holds behavior.  I
logged in as arl-ath-demo-staff and created a patron record for myself.
I then proceeded to place holds on items that should be in that branch.
Is the system setup to not allow holds on items that are at a patron's
home library?  I am wondering that because the items haven't shown up on
"Evergreen Holds Pull List : Athens-Clarke County Library".  When is
that list generated?
    Also, what does "capture holds" do?  Is that for items that are
pulled from the shelf?  Why not just use the check in interface if that
is the case?  I'll try and answer my own question about the holds
behavior by placing some holds with a user from a different branch.
Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro               | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL Network Administrator | Mobile 701.371.3857