[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Late Bloomer

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:47:24 EDT 2007

Along the same lines that Don has expressed, Art Rhyno and I recently
gave a presentation (1) at the OLITA DIgital Odyssey conference in
Toronto, Ontario on Evergreen. My part of the talk focused on the
business case for adopting an open source library system (2). An open
source library system might not make business sense for every library
- but it's incredibly important that the decisions we make be based on
sound business reasoning and a good discussion of the pros and cons of
the different options we have for library systems today.

1. http://odyssey2007.wordpress.com/2007/04/22/art-rhyno-and-dan-scott-on-evergreen-notes
2. http://coffeecode.net/archives/123-Evergreen-and-the-business-case-for-choosing-an-open-source-ILS.html

Dan Scott