[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Using Evergreen on Fedora or Redhat Enterprise Linux

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 01:55:52 EDT 2007

Hi Peter:

As far as I know, there has been some work in the past on a
Fedora/RHEL install, but to my knowledge there hasn't been a full,
complete success.  When I say "some work", I mean by contributors and
the like, not (yet) much by the internal developers.

There has been some work on the Wiki documentation by "stephann" for
Fedora/RHEL.  I would encourage you to subscribe/drop a line to the
open-ils-dev list.

The installation of Evergreen is quite a task as it stands now.  RPMs
_could_ help in this, and surely would be quite welcome.  There have
been attempts to build an Gentoo eBuild and a Debian .deb in the past.

Just a quick reminder also... The developers and a couple contributors
are on the Freenode IRC network in the #OpenILS-Evergreen channel.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to your contributions!

--Don McMorris