[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] installation problems

John Schmidt jas at xmission.com
Thu Dec 6 11:52:00 EST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to install the latest version of Evergreen 1.2.1.0 along with 0.9
of OpenSRF on a Debian Testing box in a chroot enviroment.  I have put
together a shell script that automates the entire process other than asking
for passwords and certificate info.  I have followed the wiki pages that
describe the process for both Ubuntu and Debian Etch.

I got to the end of the install and tried testing my connection with srfsh as
described in the pages but get the following error:

srfsh# login admin open-ils

Received Data: "024ff567f76ae6d24dcbfe79bae742d8"

------------------------------------
Request Completed Successfully
Request Time in seconds: 0.279758
------------------------------------

Received no data from server

------------------------------------
Request Time in seconds: 120.051141
------------------------------------
Login Session: (null).  Session timeout: 0.000000

I have checked that the admin account is set to open-ils in my evergreen
database.  Dan Scott helped me out with this check.  I am not quite sure
where I need to start digging to resolve this problem.

When I do a netstat -l and ps -A, I see things that look right, i.e. postgres
is running, opensrc-c, perl, ejabber, apache2, etc.  Based on my install
script output, I don't see any errors.  I have checked that my ejabber
accounts are setup, etc.

I am attaching the output log from my install.  I will be releasing this
install script for others to use, once I get it working and cleaned up a bit.
I have a few hardcoded names that need to be generalized.

Thanks,

John Schmidt
jas at xmission.com