[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] migration

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 11:42:44 EST 2007

On 1/28/07, John Kintree <jkintree at swbell.net> wrote:
> When a new library joins the consortium, is there assistance to help that
> library migrate its collection from its current ILS (e.g. Dynix-Horizon)
> into Evergreen?

Absolutely!  I just brought a new (to PINES) library system's
bibliographic and holdings records into the PINES Evergreen
installation last night.  In PINES the consortium has always done the
migration work, which consists of data migration and bibliographic
deduplication.

As a side note, there are also (at least) two companies offering
support services for Evergreen.  My PINES development-staff cohorts
and I are co-founders of Equinox Software ( http://esilibrary.com ),
and Josh Ferraro (also on this list) is from LibLime (
http://liblime.com).

--
Mike Rylander
mrylander at gmail.com