[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Setting up Branches

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:14:37 EDT 2007

Hi John:

The installation calls to lock the /cgi-bin/ folder to prevent a
malicious user from re-bootstrapping the system.  To modify or remove
this lock, you will need to edit the apache configuration.  I don't
have the image here in front of me, but I believe it's in the actual
apache configuration which is probably located in
/etc/httpd/apache2/conf/ (or similar).  I forget exactly how the
VMWare image is configured (and it's not here where I am), so if you
get stuck I'll take a look when I get home (or Dan will come to the
rescue again ;)).

What you'd be looking for is something in one of the Apache configs
along the line of:
<Directory /cgi-bin>
Order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from [space-delimited list of IP addresses].
</Directory>

This is all from memory, so it may not be exact.. but hopefully it'll
get you started.

Good luck!

--Don