[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 226 subscribers

Greg Barniskis gregb at scls.lib.wi.us
Fri Mar 23 10:25:32 EDT 2007

David J. Fiander wrote:
> Greg Barniskis wrote:
>
>> Count me among the former "Future Operators of Horizon Brand
>> Architecture" (FOOHBAR) who have recently subscribed to be better
>
> One minor nit.  Shouldn't that be "Future Former Operators of Horizon
> Brand Architecture" (FFOOHBAR)?

Actually, no. "Future Former" would indicate that we have Horizon
now and would later not. Instead, we've stubbornly held on to the
one system that actually has all the functionality required by our
consortium -- the state of the art Dynix Classic ILS. And I don't
mean that sarcastically, it's still the best in terms of overall
functionality.

Horizon 8.x held out the promise to come close enough that we had
signed a contract to be "Future Operators" of it. And now, that's
our former state. =)

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348