[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Field (MARC Tag) Size Capacity

Fitzgerald, Carol Carol_Fitzgerald at nrel.gov
Wed May 2 12:25:34 EDT 2007

Several years ago, when we were with a different vendor, we migrated our
database to a test version of our vendor's new version.  We were
required to truncate or eliminate some of our lengthier note fields at
that time.  The reason given by the vendor's techs was that SQL couldn't
handle that much data in those fields.  With our new vendor, we're not
seeing any problem with lengthy abstracts in the MARC 520 tag.  I am
curious to know if such limitations exist with Evergreen.

Carol Fitzgerald

Library

National Renewable Energy Laboratory

Golden, CO  80401