[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How does the software work?

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Fri May 11 22:13:49 EDT 2007

Hi Susan:

I'm glad you're interested! As far as I recall, a lot of the interest
from academics on-list was colleges/universities (although I seem to
recall interest from one public school district).

If you haven't already, please feel free to download/try out the staff
client (available at http://www.open-ils.org/cvs).  PINES maintains a
development system for "messing around" on, at dev.gapines.org that
you are free to connect to (a list of demo users and passwords is
available at the same location as the staff client).

I will also just throw in here that, if Evergreen was something you
were interested in, it is not a system you are required to
install/maintain/support yourself.  You are certainly welcome to do it
yourself, but there are also companies you can contract with for
installation and support.

If you have any questions about Evergreen in general, please do not
hesitate to contact us again!

Sincerely Yours,
--Don McMorris