[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How does the software work?

Michael Nolan MNOLAN at bexley.k12.oh.us
Mon May 14 08:41:20 EDT 2007

We're also considering switching to an open source ils, namely Evergreen.  As far as I know, no school districts have yet adopted Evergreen.

Evergreen's catalog interface is as good as I've ever seen.  If Evergreen had a Textbook Manager component, we'd switch in a heartbeat.  We still might switch and then hope that a textbook component is developed.

I'd be curious to hear how libraries that are mainly staffed by technologically-challenged people have fared with Evergreen.  Easy to use? Difficult?  Somewhere in between?

Thanks,

Mike Nolan
Bexley High School Librarian
326 S. Cassingham Rd.
Bexley, OH 43209-1898
614-338-2094 ext. 4154
614-338-2087 (fax)
614-783-6897 (cell)
mnolan at bexley.k12.oh.us

>>> suscott at pausd.org 05/11/2007 8:45 PM >>>
We are considering an open source type ils for our school district.
Just wondering what you school district people think about Evergreen?

Thanks, Susan Scott, Distirct Librarian, Palo Alto Unified School
District , CA

This inbound email has been scanned for known viruses

This outbound message has been scanned for known viruses