[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] At IUG 15 this week, BOF anyone?

Josh Stompro stomproj at larl.org
Tue May 15 23:54:02 EDT 2007

    I'm in San Jose at the Innovative Users Group meeting this week.  If
anyone wants to have an unofficial evergreen BOF meeting on Wed or Thur
please send me an email.  I spoke to one individual from New Jersey this
morning (during Mr. Kline's infomercial) from an academic library that
said his organization is interested in Evergreen and Koha, but that the
lack of an acquisitions module for Evergreen makes it hard to really go
that direction.  I told him about how the development was being
sponsored by a University, so there would be something there
eventually.  I also spoke to an individual from Australia who was also
familiar with Evergreen, but who thought that an open source project
couldn't compete with a commercial product driven by a single visionary
driver such as Mr. Kline.  Time will tell.

    Anyway, let me know about meeting and I can try to coordinate
something.  There is a burger joint across from the Fairmount that seems
to be the only reasonable place to eat around here ($16 hamburgers are
not cool, I'm looking at you hotel restaurants), so that might be one
place to go.
Josh