[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question on SIP authentication

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 20:58:16 EDT 2007

On 03/10/2007, Lynne Welch <welchly at oplin.org> wrote:
> Does Evergreen already provide SIP or SIP2 authentication functionality?

Hi Lynne:

SIP2 support has been a part of Evergreen since Georgia rolled it out
in September 2006 - some of the Georgia libraries apparently run 3M
self-checkout machines, so SIP2 support was a requirement of the
system going live (if I recall the stories correctly!)

There's also the following information on the http://open-ils.org FAQ:

""""
>From a library perspective, what does Evergreen do?  What modules or
components are available?

 Evergreen currently has modules for circulation, cataloging, web
catalog, and statistical reporting.  Evergreen also supports the SIP2
protocol for self-check and Internet/computer access control.
"""""
http://open-ils.org/faq.php#librarians

You can view the SIP2 code in the Evergreen repository at
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/trunk/Open-ILS/src/perlmods/OpenILS/

I hope this helps.

--
Dan Scott