[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Winnebago Spectrum to Open-ILS - How?

Kevin Landers support at bezaleel.net
Mon Sep 24 16:31:13 EDT 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:35:20 -0400, "Dan Scott" <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/09/2007, Kevin Landers <support at bezaleel.net> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>>  I have several schools in South Carolina that are currently utilizing
>> Winnebago Spectrum for their library administration system. After
> performing
>> the latest 5.X update, I was informed that there would be no more
> updates to
>> Spectrum. As an option, I would like to offer them the opportunity to
> move
>> toward Open-ILS.
>>
>>  Has anyone ever attempted such a migration? Does anyone have any
> advice,
>> direction, etc?
>>
>>  I am planning to grab a copy of the latest data and install of Spectrum
> and
>> Open-ILS and attempt the migration. I just have no clue where to really
>> begin.
>>
>>  Thanks in advance,
>>  Kevin L.
>>

> Hi Kevin:
>
> Does Winnebago Spectrum support the export of MARC bibliographic
> records, holdings, and patron data in some format? That would be a
> very good place to begin. From there, you could start working towards
> importing that data into Evergreen (aka Open-ILS).
>
> --
> Dan Scott
> Laurentian University

Dan,

I am not sure what export capabilities Spectrum supports. I will try to do a bit of research today via the web.

I am currently grabbing a database dumb from one of our schools and will be grabbing Spectrum install files tonight as well. That will probably take a while.

I will also attempt to contact Winnebago tomorrow for information related to exporting.

Also, sorry for the multiple postings. My connection is having issues with sending out mail at the moment. My apologies.

Thanks again,
Kevin L.