[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Windows Staff Client for Gentoo VMWare?

Jason Etheridge phasefx at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 15:20:17 EDT 2007

>    Is there a staff client version that will work with the Gentoo VMWare
> download?  I downloaded the client from the site but when it tries to
> connect I am advised that it is the wrong version.

Hi Marc,

If you're comfortable with using a Unix command line, you could add
support to your vmware image pretty easily.  I don't have Dan's image
handy at the moment (and am not sure which version of said image
you're using), so I'm going to shotgun some commands to you, some of
which may fail.  As root, try the following commands:

cd /openils/var/web/xul/
ln -s HEAD sc_v100_rc2
ln -s HEAD rel_1_2_0_rc4

if those ln commands fail, try these:

cd /openils/var/web/xul/
ln -s 20070706.203729 sc_v100_rc2
ln -s 20070706.203729 rel_1_2_0_rc4

That should cover the two windows staff clients that are currently
available from open-ils.org.

Let me know if that helps!  If it doesn't work, we can figure out
exactly which client and which vmware image you have and make it work.
:D

--
Jason Etheridge