[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] OpenSRF Gateway Question

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri Apr 18 10:21:05 EDT 2008

On Thursday 17 April 2008 8:19 Bill Ott wrote:

Hi Bill,

> Is there an obvious reason why this works:
>
> http://blade8.grpl.org/gateway?format=xml&input_format=json&service=open-il
>s.circ&method=open-ils.circ.captured_holds.id_list.on_shelf.retrieve&param="
>921f4015e5bf36e27caca7c80f4336ca","4"
>
> I happily receive a bit of XML containing the hold IDs of everything on
> the hold shelf at org_unit 4.

In this case, the 4 is actually ignored because it's in the wrong format.  You
get the right results, however, because the method will fall back to the
workstation org ID if none is provided.

> But this doesn't?
>
> http://blade8.grpl.org/gateway?format=xml&input_format=json&service=open-il
>s.actor&method=open-ils.actor.user.fleshed.retrieve_by_barcode&param="acc7fb
>7a0236e35377a76e6a61e101f2","1234"

You will need to specify each method paramater as a unique HTTP param:

http://blade8.grpl.org/gateway?format=xml&input_format=json&service=open-ils.actor&method=open-ils.actor.user.fleshed.retrieve_by_barcode
&param="acc7fb7a0236e35377a76e6a61e101f2"&param="1234"

Hope this helps,

-bill

--
Bill Erickson