[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Heads up on Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" and current Evergreen incompatibility

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 12:52:59 EDT 2008

2008/4/28 John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com>:
> I have not had a problem with running the staff client under Hardy Heron
> under 1.2.1.4.  Works exactly as it did before -- maybe it's a trunk issue?

That would make sense, John.

I am running trunk. To support a multilingual interface, the trunk
version of the staff client contains an implementation of message
catalogs (chrome binding for those that care about XUL) that retrieves
translated strings over the network. Back when these were added, I
know that some special permissions had to be granted to allow XUL to
fetch the resource from the network. My guess is that the XUL
developers added some more restrictions for security purposes to
xulrunner, and we need to figure out what the right permissions are to
tell XUL that it's okay to permit these specific requests.

Thanks for the clarification, John! Long story short, if you're
running any 1.2.x staff client, you should be okay with Hardy as a
client.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University