[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Is it time to begin retiring open-ils.org?

Karen G. Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Mon Aug 11 15:39:25 EDT 2008

A very good discussion.

It's only been less than a week, but so far I haven't heard any
objections to the core suggestion.

The idea Brandon, Chris, and David raise sounds a lot like a tagline, as in:

Evergreen: Open Library Software

or

Evergreen ILS: Open, Strong, Secure

Etcetera...

Taglines aren't important when you get so big everyone knows what you
represent, but they can be helpful in establishing something not as
well-known. Note that Evergreen isn't the only open ILS, so ideally, the
tagline should establish what makes Evergreen what it is.

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at esilibrary.com