[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Staff Client 1.4rc2 connection problem

evergreen at copelan.com evergreen at copelan.com
Sat Dec 20 10:47:31 EST 2008

Thanks for the debug tip Jason. That debug console is way cool and instantly
pointed to the problem which was very simple to fix.  I'll post the findings here
for the archive in case someone else has a similar issue.

Results of the debug were: (note: the indicated URL is NOT reachable (by design)
from outside my home network so if anyone trys it you won't get any connection!)

server url = https://copelanlib.copelan.com
1229787540147   delta = 20700   D_ERROR
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILAB
LE) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.status]"  nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)"
  location: "JS frame :: chrome://open_ils_staff_client/content/main/JSAN.js ::
anonymous :: line 473"  data: no]

Background on the cause and solution:
I had followed the Ubuntu 1.4 install instructions (since they were the only 1.4
ones I found) in combination with the 1.2 Debian instructions. (Install was on
Debian). Reason for doing this was, based on experience in other software, newer
releases sometimes have additional steps or different steps for the install.

Step 8-II says to delete the Listen 443 line in the eg.conf.  Evidently the
mentioned conflict does not happen in the Debian configuratrion of Apache2 so the
result was that Apache was not listening for SSL connections.  Adding this line
back into the eg.conf and restarting Apache fixed the issue.

Thanks again for the debug tip.

Robert

On Sat Dec 20  1:28 , "Jason Etheridge"  sent: