[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] offline patron download

Andrew Tillman tillman at leecountylibrary.org
Tue Dec 30 12:45:47 EST 2008

I have been looking at the offline patron download function and would like
to know how other libraries use this. Do you do it daily/bi-weekly/weekly?
My library hardly ever uses the standalone interface but I have been
thinking about it in conjunction with our disaster recovery plan so that
in case of catastrophic network failure I know that our list of patrons is
up to date before it happens.

Also does Evergreen need to be
running to download the list or can it be done via a batch file of sorts
scheduled to run just before opening every day so staff does not have to
manually download it?

There are two files that I see in
C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\Application
Data\OpenILS\open_ils_staff_client\Profiles\6q37vv63.default\chrome
that deal with the patron list. One is the file and the other is a .DATE
file. There are also offline files in that folder but they were not
modified at the time I downloaded the offline list but they were updated
at the staff client login at opening.

I appreciate any thoughts
in the matter.
~Happy New Year to all!