[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Windows

Gord Ripley gripley at trentu.ca
Mon Feb 4 17:06:25 EST 2008

Hi Paul:

My question is a general one only, as I'm installing on Debian here. I realize this is a motherhood issue, but there are some practical reasons for considering Windows. Our campus IT department, for example, runs mostly Windows servers, and has a lot of Windows expertise. They have a few Linux machines, but their forte is definitely Windows/Novell, for better or for worse. I imagine this is not an unusual situation.

Gord

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
*   Gord Ripley
*   Systems Librarian,
*   Bata Library, Trent University,
*   1600 West Bank Drive
*   Peterborough, Ontario  K9J 7B8
*
*   Voice : 705- 748-1011 ext. 7517
*   E-mail : gripley at trentu.ca
*   Web : http://people.trentu.ca/gripley/
*
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

>>> "Paul Bartell" <paul-bartell at ubuntu.com> 04/02/2008 4:51:25 pm >>>
It should be possible to run it on windows with some modification, but
if you are running apache/perl/pgsql, why not run it on linux? It
would work much more regularily instead of relying on not-so-good
ports of perl etc. Also, the way of printing would be quite different.

--
"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the
present controls the past." - 1984

Random quote of the week/month/whenever i get to updating it: "Its
like a giant mosh pit of atoms jumping up and down" - Ms. Fawcett,
when explaining the transfer of heat.