[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Gentoo VMware Image Question

Murphy, S.K. smurphy at georgialibraries.org
Fri Feb 8 16:37:54 EST 2008

Hi, Rush -

Well, depending on your native machine's network devices and the VM's
configuration, it can be possible to point your native browser to the
VM's IP; however, unless you've engaged in some fancy VM trickery (I've
only ever been able to do this when I had two NICs; one was bridged with
the VM's  virtual network adapter, the other used by the native OS to
connect to the Internet.  I don't remember all the details, but it was a
pain to set up), this probably isn't the case.

Just open a browser up inside the VM and point it at the given IP, and
you should be fine, though!

Hope that helps!

-Murphy

Some say the world will end in fire and ice.  Others say it will be
segfaults.

  _____