[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Circ and Placing Holds

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Wed Feb 27 10:59:42 EST 2008

Grant Johnson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm still in a test mode and have discovered that placing Holds just
> freezes as a patron on the OPAC.
> Checking out a book throws a network error in the Staff Client.
>
> Are these known issues?
>
> Do I need to get the Circ rules setup before these functions will work?
Hi Grant,

These functions should both work out of the box, provided you have
calculated the Org Unit proximities, as described in

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server_installation
("Configuring the System")

If you still have issues, the JS error console in Firefox will usually
give you good info on the holds errors.  I would recommend sending that
and any staff client error messages to the -dev list.

> BTW - I am about to try importing 25000 records from SIRSI with
> holdings into EG via Dan's new process.

Good luck!  I watched Dan do an import Monday and it went quite well.

-bill

--
Bill Erickson