[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Gentoo VMWware Image Question

Rush rushaustin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:33:04 EST 2008

Hello,
I've had the Gentoo image up and running for about a week.  I'd successfully
imported the Gutenberg MARC records and things seemed rosy.

Today, I started the Gentoo image, started the router, perl, and c, then
started apache2.

Ifconfig reported that eth2 was broadcasting on 192.168.242.128, just like
it always had.

Everything seemed fine.

But..from my windows environ (everything is running on a single laptop)
today, i could not ping 192.168.242.128.

I stopped and restarted all of the above EG components and still no luck.

There is no software firewall running on this machine and the overall
configuration hasn't changed.

Any clues as to why i can no longer communicate w/ EG running in the VM?

Thanks!

-Rush Austin