[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Documentation Request

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 09:16:52 EDT 2008

2008/7/1 Sharp, Chris <csharp at georgialibraries.org>:
> Oh - sorry, Dan, I missed a question you asked me.  To become opensrf I have been logging in as root and then I use the "su" command to become opensrf.  Has that been the problem?

Hi Chris:

There's a slight difference between "su - opensrf" and "su opensrf";
the former "logs in" as the opensrf user, inheriting all the opensrf
user's environment settings, whereas the latter preserves the current
environment settings. So I would be interested in seeing if "su -
opensrf" automatically sets PATH and PERL5LIB for you (based on
/home/opensrf/.bashrc).

Thanks Chris!

--
Dan Scott