[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Copies editor templates--renaming or management

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Mar 25 08:11:35 EDT 2008

Jason,

I think these are really good ideas and I'm very glad Bryan pointed out
the problem. It is something that has not come up with most of us in
PINES but I can see in retrospect why it can create problems.

Having a rename button would be very helpful.  I also like the idea of
having a management interface to rename, export, import, and delete the
templates, as long as it is accessible to the user and not locked behind
a manager password.

I think having the template editor with an entry point independent of
the item attribute editor is a great enhancement and would also be very
useful to everyone.

If y'all don't mind, I would like to forward this discussion to the
PINES catalogers list to get other opinions. Particularly for the issue
of changing owning/circ library via template. I think it would be better
to be able to do so only if signed on as that library; however, it would
rarely be an issue with my workflow, so I'm not the best judge.

 Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
Library Services Manager - Collections & Reference
Georgia Public Library Service,
A Unit of the University System of Georgia
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304
404.235-7128
404.235-7201, fax