[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] feature request: homebound option

Brandon W. Uhlman brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca
Fri Nov 7 21:54:01 EST 2008

Hi, Debra.

As Evergreen currently ships, there is no (automatic) process which
purges historical circulations from a patron record. There's also no
automatic process that makes it obvious that a patron has already
circulated a particular item, but given that we store the circs, it
should be possible.

Would you expect it to work for a specific physical item (a single
thing with a barcode?) or do you have in your mind some other
definition of "an item" (like all barcoded items attached to a
particular bib record)?

Brandon Uhlman
BC Sitka

Quoting Debra Mann <dmann at innisfil.library.on.ca>:

> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone considered the build of a homebound option?  I've looked on
> the roadmap and don't see any indication of it (unless it's implied in
> another feature).  A homebound option would allow us to retain
> circulation records for selected customers, and let us know at checkout
> if a customer has previously signed out an item.  GEAC and Sirsi provide
> homebound functions as part of the circ module, though I believe for
> Horizon it is available as a separate purchase.  Though it's primarily
> of use to public libraries, there might be a broader application to
> other libraries as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Deb
>
> Debra Mann
> Branch Manager
> Innisfil Public Library
> Churchill Branch, Stroud Branch

> This information is intended only for the person, persons, entity, or
> entities to which is it addressed; does not necessarily represent the
> views of the Innisfil Public Library Board; may contain information that
> is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under the
> Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.  If the
> reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or
> agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient,
> you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
> of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this
> communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail
> and delete the correspondence from your computer.

Brandon W. Uhlman, Systems Consultant
Public Library Services Branch
British Columbia Ministry of Education
Vancouver, BC (and Lillooet, BC)