[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Adding custom fields to OPAC display

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri Nov 28 17:32:37 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> I should probably write this up as an FAQ (or better yet, a HOWTO) at
> some point, rather than just pointing to a couple of mailing list
> posts... time, time, somebody give me some time!

There's also what Alexander at UoPEI did (or is doing) with retrieving
the whole bib record via one of several possible API and parsing out
the data they want to display (I believe with XSLT in their case).
However, that method is probably best suited for once you're focusing
on a specific record, and not for information you might want to
display with many bibs at once (for example, in search results).  For
that, you would want to work with the MODS-based data, or whatever it
gets replaced with in the future.

--
Jason Etheridge