[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Importing records from Unicorn

Warren Layton warren.layton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 21:35:48 EDT 2008

I have been having some issues running marc2bre.pl on MARC records
from a Unicorn system. From a previous thread about importing SIRSI
records[1], I converted the MARC records to MARCXML using
yaz-marcdump. When I ran marc2bre.pl on the MARCXML file instead of
the initial MARC file (using --marctype=XML), things chugged along
without too much trouble for quite a while.

However, near the end of the run (record 234 650 or so, out of ~298
000), I get the following error:
    Wide character in null operation at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/MARC/Charset/Table.pm line 96.

Is there some other pre-processing step I can take to get around this?
I suspect that this is a problem with one of the records (bad leader
or something), but is there a way to narrow down the problem?

Thanks!
  Warren

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/open-ils-dev@list.georgialibraries.org/msg00856.html
("[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Importing from SIRSI", January 2008)