[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Feature inquiry

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 23:59:08 EDT 2008

2008/10/6 Jason Etheridge <jason at esilibrary.com>:
>> EndNote would surely clarify that for you if you emailed them. Which would,
>> come to think of it, be a useful political message to them too. "Hey, we
>> heard about you suing a university for using your file format, now we're
>> scared to implement an export to EndNote feature in our software. Are we
>> allowed to do that?" They will surely say "yes, please", but it will send a
>> message about what they are doing to their image, and potentially to their
>> market share too.
>
> I know next to nothing about citations and citation software, but
> isn't there some standard we can "export to" that both Refworks and
> Endnote understand?  Zotero understands UNAPI.

On that note...

As of a few minutes ago (changeset 10774), Zotero can now import
references from detailed record displays in the dynamic catalog in
Evergreen. So at least one reference manager can work with Evergreen
in both the SlimPAC (basic accessible interface) and dynamic catalog.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University