[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Importing records from Unicorn

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 00:30:54 EDT 2008

2008/10/6 Warren Layton <warren.layton at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Jason Etheridge <jason at esilibrary.com> wrote:
>> Hi Warren, for reference, what versions of yaz, MARC::Record, and
>> marc2bre are you using?
>
> * YAZ version 2.1.56
> * MARC::Record is from the Ubuntu package "libmarc-record-perl", version 2.0.0-1
> * marc2bre I'm less sure. I got it from the import demo on the Evergreen site
> (http://open-ils.org/~denials/import_demo.tar.gz)

Hmm - that could be a problem. Assuming you're running against
Evergreen trunk, you will probably want to use the versions of
marc2bre.pl, parallel_pg_loader.pl, direct_ingest.pl and
quick_metarecord_map.sql from trunk. I ran the import_demo against
1.2.3.1 last week and noticed that the namespaces in the generated XML
didn't quite look right in comparison to records loaded via Vandelay.
import_demo was last updated seven months ago, so it probably needs an
update to sync up with what Evergreen expects today.

You can also upgrade yaz to 3.0.36; that's what is used in the most
current version of Makefile.install.

That being said - normally you can identify which record in a batch is
the problem and fix the problem manually. The conversion from MARC to
MARC21XML via yaz-marcdump is not flawless. Nothing like a migration
to identify problems in your base records :)

Thanks for the feedback, Warren - and please keep it coming!

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University