[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Serials in Evergreen 1.2.3

Jeremy Buhler jeremy.buhler at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 03:11:56 EDT 2008

The library of the Law Society of British Columbia is migrating to the
Evergreen ILS.  We have a relatively small collection and are using a
standard Evergreen 1.2.3.1 installation.  Two questions about serials
records:

1. Is there a best-practice for including serials in 1.2.3.1?  I notice
that some Georgia Pines and Sitka libraries treat individual issues as
unique call number records under a single biblio record.  Is this the
standard approach or are there other more advisable methods?

2. Is there anything we can do now to anticipate the Serials module in
Evergreen 2.0, making current serials records more compatible with
future developments?

Thanks in advance to all,
Jeremy

Jeremy Buhler