[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Problem with Pg password authentication in 'make install'

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 15:14:08 EDT 2008

2008/9/13 Warren A. Layton <warren.layton at gmail.com>:
<snip>
> If it makes a difference, the password I chose contains two special
> characters: an '&' and a '#'.
>
> Let me know if you need more info.

Hi Warren:

I took a quick look at the chain of tools involved, and it's very
likely a problem with special characters not being escaped or quoted,
between install.sh, build-oils-db.sh, and/or build-db.sh. I'm not
particularly adept at shell scripting, so I'm not inspired to spend
the time trying to fix it.

Assuming you don't want to work up a patch to the underlying problem,
I would suggest for the purposes of Getting Things Done that you just
use a different password that only includes alpha-numeric characters.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University