[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] questions

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Apr 13 20:03:44 EDT 2009

> 1) Whee install and testing Evergreen in Georgia at Ilia chavchavadze
> state University. Whee need add google and amazon books in importing
> marc record in staff client. I change opensrf.xml and add some
> University's but i don't know how add google book or other links. plz
> help

Hi Levani, I don't think either Amazon or Google have a Z39.50
interface you can use for importing MARC records into Evergreen.  I
recall that Amazon does have an API for retrieving MODS, and you can
convert MODS to MARC in a rough/lossy way, but you'll need to do some
scripting to really make it all work.

> 2) How see Unicode in Holdings Maintenance? I rename and add new org
> units in Georgian Unicode i see changes in Location/bar code but i
> don't see letters in holding maintenance. have any idea?

After you change Org Units, you should be sure to run
/openils/bin/autogen.sh and then restart your staff client.  You
should be able to use arbitrary Unicode characters in org names.

> 3) how add holding maintenance for all importing records?

If you're doing a batch load of existing item records, Holdings
Maintenance is not the interface for you.  You'd be better served by
this page for the time being:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:importing:bibrecords

I hope this helps, and I apologize if I've misinterpreted your questions.

--
Jason Etheridge