[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Opt-in Feature

James Fournie jfournie at sitka.bclibraries.ca
Thu Apr 16 15:54:21 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone!

I am wondering if any other sites are using the patron opt-in
functionality.  This is the feature that will only retrieve patrons
from other libraries if they have consented to have their information
shared with your library.  I believe this functionality was created by
Equinox specifically for us at SITKA due to British Columbia's privacy
laws.

I am attempting to patch this functionality to take into account
multi-branch sites and deeper org-trees.  Currently, it will force you
to opt-in patrons at different branches of the same library, which
doesn't really make sense.  I would like to add a setting to
opensrf.xml under the opt-in setting for the org unit depth below
which opting does not apply.   It would be helpful to know if other
sites are using this feature and have noticed this problem.

Thanks!

~James Fournie
BC SITKA