[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] opac login fails for non-admin users

Anton Chuppin chuppiav at gov.ns.ca
Fri Apr 17 13:47:11 EDT 2009

I think I figured this problem out. The solution was to change the level
of OPAC_LOGIN permission from 'System' (where I set it initially) to
'Consortium'.

Now all my users can login and see their OPAC accounts, but I can't
understand why it works that way. It made sense to me to limit
OPAC_LOGIN to the System level depth, so as not to allow users to see
the holdinds in other systems. If this is not the case, and if the user
can't even log in unless the 'Consortium' level permission is set, why
give the depth options for OPAC_LOGIN at all?

Anton