[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Travel, Parking, and "Hack"fests, Evergreen International Conference 2009

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Wed Apr 22 09:34:16 EDT 2009

(You may see this repeated elsewhere)

Dear folks, through the conference survey we had a few questions about
logistics and sure enough, checking the wiki, it was clear we needed
to give you more info about getting to Athens, and then about local
parking!

Here's the amplified page:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=eg09:travel

The highlights are:

* Several airport shuttle options exist for ATL <--> Athens
* Day parking is FREE at the Classic Center (but you can't "overnight"
your car there)
* There is also a ride-share section on the wiki -- please do use it!
A lot of us are in "limo driver mode" that week. :-) If you need a
conference wiki account, drop me a note.

We've had huge interest in the Hackfests (or Anyfests, since they
aren't just coding). This is where we are to date, based on input on
the survey:

* The high-level, documentation discussion/demo will be 1-4 p.m. May
20. (25 people interested!)

* We are seeing if we can work with a training partner to develop a
sysadmin class (we're assuming sysadmin, not just local admin -- yes?)

* "Meet with a developer" has so much interest (29!) that we will be
scheduling slots beyond May 20

* 13 respondents have indicated interest in actual hands-on coding
("Classic Hackfest") -- a great response -- helps us do additional
planning!

Thanks again for filling out the survey -- we've had 73 completions (I
told you it was an easy survey!) and the information will help us
ensure programs are in the right rooms, special needs are attended to,
and so forth.  Incidentally, if you are attending and haven't filled
out the survey, feel free to do so now. We distributed the URL to all
attendees and it is really helping us make this YOUR conference!