[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen staff client and OpenSolaris

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 11:52:38 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Daryl Fletcher
<dfletcher at conyersrockdalelibrary.org> wrote:
> Has anybody ever tried compiling the Evergreen staff client on OpenSolaris?
>  I can't imagine a whole lot of libraries using it that way, but this is
> something I would like to try.

This was attempted many moons ago, I think during the 1.0 days.  It
should work, but installing the dependencies will probably be the most
troubling part.  If you attempt this, and can create a method for
scripting the dependencies that can be repeated by other opensolaris
users, we could then incorporate that into the Makefile.install files
that assists with installation on (currently) different linux distros.

--
Mike Rylander