[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] The story of Evergreen virtual images: help wanted!

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Thu Apr 23 12:23:16 EDT 2009

 "To be honest, though, all of those packaging steps require a surprising
amount of time in testing and documentation to get it all right."

That is indeed the crux of the issue. The images are potentially valuable to
the community at large. If there were a group that wanted to help create
these images -- right through the documentation and testing milestones --
that would be a plus.

But given that we aren't there right now, it's a question for discussion
among the community members whether the Evergreen project website should
even offer images right now, given such limited resources for producing
them. There's an implied suggestion of functionality that if not carried
through in the images could unintentionally reflect less than positively on
the community as a whole. This is not a decision Equinox can or should
make... but it is certainly a good one for broad discussion (and thank you
for bringing this up).