[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Barcoding an Entire Collection From Scratch

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Mon Apr 27 12:59:37 EDT 2009

BC Sitka has a FAQ on barcodes which may offer some help, in particular
see item 6 (How long will it take to rebarcode?)

http://sitka.bclibraries.ca/implementations/future-sitka-libraries/barco
des-faq

See also docuwiki here:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-user:barcode_sca
nners&s[]=barcode

We have some locations without barcodes (one/two person shops) and are
basically just getting them set up with a new reader, some new unique
barcodes and letting them move forward with this by doing it through an
"on-the-fly" workflow (new items, more frequently circulated items,
etc.). So in our case, we anticipate that on-the-fly coding won't be
that onerous for those locations. For higher circulation locations, I
would definitely recommend assigning some resources to it asap (coop
students, temporary help, etc.).

Hope that helps some,

George Duimovich