[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Import issues

Dibyendra Hyoju dibyendra at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 07:21:37 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have finished installing Evergreen 1.4 on Debian-lenny, and trying to
import MARC records. I have successfully imported the gutenberg records as
shown in the Importing bibliographic
records<http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:importing:bibrecords>.
But, I couldn't do the same for our library <http://madanpuraskar.org/>records
which have both local script and roman transliteration. I am getting lots of
similar warnings while converting the MARC records into Evegreen BRE JSON
format. Like I am getting 'no mapping found for [0xCC] at position 3 in
Bhārgav Bhūshaṇ Presa) g0=ASCII_DEFAULT g1=EXTENDED_LATIN at
/usr/share/perl5/MARC/Charset.pm line 210.'  while executing 'perl
marc2bre.pl --db_user evergreen --db_host localhost --db_pw evergreen
--db_name evergreen 8500.mrc > ~/8500.bre'. Though, it generates Open-ILS
JSON ingest file after executing perl direct_ingest.pl ~/8000.bre >
~/8000.ingest'.  But, it couldn't generate a SQL file after executing 'perl
pg_loader.pl -or bre -or mrd -or mfr -or mtfe -or mafe -or msfe -or mkfe -or
msefe -a mrd -a mfr -a mtfe -a mafe -a msfe -a mkfe -a msefe
--output=~/8500.sql < ~/8500.ingest'. I followed the same process for the
gutenberg records and they were successfully imported.

I've also attached the file containing some of our library records if
somebody is interested to import the records for testing. If it can be
imported by any other methods, please let me know. Any help will be highly
appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Dibyendra Hyoju