[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] how to attach note to a copy as it goes outwith override?

Bill Ott bott at grpl.org
Mon Aug 17 11:02:54 EDT 2009

> Ah, so it sounds like an infrequent thing?  In that case, we might
> better be served with a simple Actions -> Edit Alert Message menu
> option in the Items Out and Item Status and Holdings Maintenance
> interfaces.  Have that wrapped in a specific permission and staff
> won't need to go through the heavier Item Attribute Editor.

A bit off topic, but has there ever been discussion of making a copy
alert checkin/checkout specific?  Our self-check machines trip over
alerts on checkout.  Luckily we really only use them for checkin
processing, so I have a kludge that just disregards them on checkout.  A
much more elegant solution would be an option to make them applicable on
checkin, checkout, or both.