[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ILLs using a template rather than a PreCat record

Coleman, Marlene mcoleman at bcgov.net
Mon Aug 17 14:24:42 EDT 2009

Hi all,

We're part of the newly developed SC LENDS consortium, up about 2.5 months.  We've been trying to sort through this problem since early on.

When we create a short record for an item with a template (similar to creating an order record), instead of using a precat record for ILL, the hold targeter doesn't seem to find the item, or the hold we've attached to the item.

We suspect it is a template problem, but don't know why.  I've downloaded OCLC records (as temp records) and placed holds on them for ILLs and they've captured instantaneously.  Even copy holds don't always find the item immediately.

Is there something about a temp/short record that the targeter doesn't like or can't find an item attached to it?

Anyone tried this out with or without success??

Thanks,

Marlene

Marlene F. Coleman, BA, MLS, CIM
ILS Database Manager, Branch Manager
Beaufort County Library, Beaufort Branch
311 Scott Street, Beaufort, SC 29902
843-470-6544    mcoleman at bcgov.net
www.beaufortcountylibrary.org
For Learning ♦ For Leisure ♦ For Life