[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Deleting and Undeleting records

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Dec 1 13:02:13 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Coleman, Marlene <mcoleman at bcgov.net> wrote:
> In SC LENDS Consortium (SC) we've decided not to remove records but just
> mark them as "deleted".  I understand that you need a TCN to retrieve
> them (or you could put them into a bucket for processing), however what
> is the "permission" that will allow you to "undelete" the record if you
> want to? Or is it a permission? The choice from the menu doesn't seem to
> do anything.  Does this have to be set at the Consortium level, or can
> it by System?

Hey Marlene,

It's only looking for the UPDATE_RECORD permission when you go to
un-delete a record.  It'd be a one-line code change to add a more
specific permission.

Right now, records don't have owners, so the depth/level of the
permission shouldn't matter.

However, a future version of Evergreen (I'm not sure when) will
optionally allow for library ownership of specific bib records, so it
may be worth giving some thought to those levels ahead of time.

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference, April 20-23,
2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/