[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Post Migration 852 Tag Issues

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Dec 10 06:57:43 EST 2009

Hi Paul,

On Dec 9, 2009, at 10:55 PM, Paul Waak wrote:
> When the North Texas Library Consortium migrated to evergreen last summer, the as-good-as-random 852 tags of various ILS vendors were imported into our catalog. Now our state has given us OCLC ILL membership and we really need our 852 tags to make sense.  Is there already a script we can run that will standardize our 852 tags catalog-wide?  We are currently running 1.4 and were planning to upgrade to 1.6 in January.  Will upgrading sooner help us?

If you need to send a dump of your catalog to OCLC with current item information, both the web record export and the marc_export script have options to export it as 852 tags in the MARC bib records, but note that Evergreen doesn't do anything to automatically maintain such 852 fields in the catalog itself.  It's also possible to get rid of the pre-migration 852 fields with a bit of SQL work; contact me if you would like this done in your database.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
VP, Data Services
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 352-215-7548
skype:  gmcharlt
web:    http://www.esilibrary.com/

Please come by and visit the Equinox team
and learn more about Evergreen
ALA MidWinter
January 15-18, 2010
booth # 2064