[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about 1.6 and in-database notifications and circ policies.

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Dec 22 14:04:31 EST 2009

Hi Cynthia,

On Dec 22, 2009, at 1:54 PM, Cynthia Williamson wrote:
> Hi All - we upgraded to 1.6 last week, all is well.  We're looking at the in database notifications and circ policy settings, right now we're using javascripts ... here is my question - is it possible to use both methods simultaneously or do we have switch everything over?  E.g. I'd like to experiment with setting up a 1 day overdue notification and pre-due messages, both of which we do not have at all right now.
> Thanks for any guidance people can provide.

The new action trigger system for generating notices can be used regardless of whether you use the new in-DB circ rules or the legacy Javascript scripts (say that three times fast!) for applying your circ policies.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
VP, Data Services
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 352-215-7548
skype:  gmcharlt
web:    http://www.esilibrary.com/

Please come by and visit the Equinox team
and learn more about Evergreen
ALA MidWinter
January 15-18, 2010
booth # 2064