[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Changed IP Address of evergreen server, cannot login as admin?

MarvinMouse MrvnMouse at 1337hax0r.com
Sat Feb 7 14:36:28 EST 2009

> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:30 AM, MarvinMouse <MrvnMouse at 1337hax0r.com>
> wrote:
> > I am working with a VMWare version of the evergreen server as a test
> machine
> > (Ubuntu 8.04)
> <snip>
> > If anyone can provide help with regards to this problem, it would be
> > appreciated.
>
> Hi Marvin, is this for Evergreen 1.4rc2, or 1.2.3.1?

1.2.3.1

> For a first go at troubleshooting, I would try running
> settings-tester.pl as user opensrf.  If I recall correctly, the 1.4
> image Dan Scott produced has an Evergreen source directory sitting in
> the home directory of the evergreen user.  Within that directory,
> settings-tester.pl would be found here:
> Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/settings-tester.pl

ran it, everyhing is saying it's okay, do you want the outputs?

> I think the 1.2.3.1 image may not have a GUI (nor an evergreen user).
> With it, I think the source directory is in /root/

no GUI as far as I can see.

> I'm out of town this weekend (with no reliable internet), but I can
> try to duplicate your problem next week and see what the fix should
> be.

Thanks for looking into this. I'm debating just starting a new install
entirely. (Note, the setup is Evergreen 1.2.3.1 running on Ubuntu running on
VMWare running on Vista. When I try to connect with anything it gives me
"cannot connect to authentication server" issues.

--
-- KJR / 1h

Warning: This e-mail is unencrypted and unsigned, all messages can be
monitored and the authenticity of the sender is not verified. Do _NOT_ send
any confidential or private information over this channel. As well do not
immediate assume that any e-mail sent from this address (or similar ones)
are legitimate without secondary verification.

For information as to how to setup a secure encrypted channel with KJR / 1h
see http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/ or http://enigmail.mozdev.org/ , or call
KJR at home and he can guide you through setting up something personalized
to your system.